GREAT BIBLE MOTHERS
Godly Christian sons and daughters come from godly Christian mothers and Fathers.
MARY, A MOTHER OF PURITY Lu. 1:26-56
What woman would God choose to be the mother of His only Son?
A virgin v. 34 Produced by pure thinking. A humble girl v. 48
An obedient believer v. 38 A thankful person v. 46ff
She was not always a perfect mother.
Lost Jesus Doubted - but, she always believed in Him.
We need mothers like Mary.
- A HARLOT, A MOTHER OF SELF-SACRIFICE 2Kg. 3:16-28
- Most would not think of her as fit to raise a child.
She was a prostitute. She lived with another harlot.
- Remember the story.
She would rather give him life with her enemy than death.
- What does your child need? Love. Titus 2:4 Presence. 1Tim. 5:14
- What would you sacrifice for your child to have a good life? Having nice clothes? Having a "career"?
- HANNAH, A MOTHER OF COMMITMENT 1SAMUEL 1:1-2:11
- Mothers, are you teaching your children that the greatest thing they can do is give their lives in service to the Lord? Hannah did.
One of 2 Elkanahís wives, the childless one. V. 2-7 prayed and made a vow. V. 9-11 prayer answered. V. 17-20 kept her vow. V. 22-28
- What did Samuel learn from his mother?
She loved him. Keeping your word was important.
Serving God is the greatest of all callings.
- Mothers, have you committed your children to God?
- THE SHUNAMMITE WOMAN, A MOTHER WHO SERVED OTHERS 2KINGS 4:8-37
- How can a woman serve God?
Some think service is only done from a pulpit.
- The best, and only, way to serve God is to serve others.
- Elisha was passing through Shunem on the Lordís business.
Showed him hospitality. V. 8 She went out of her way to serve. v. 10
- What would her son learn from her?
To put others first. To serve, not expecting to receive. God sees.
- EUNICE, A MOTHER OF WISDOM 2TIM. 1:5, 3:14,15
- Eunice taught Timothy to trust God.
- Why did Paul want Timothy with him? His father - Eunice. 1:5
- Timothy was one Paul trusted when he trusted no other.
- Eunice taught Timothy the root of all wisdom, Godís word. 3:15
- In the Jewish home, the first words a child learned were Godís word. Barton W. Stone memorized the entire Bible by 13.
- Knowing Godís word has been a great blessing.
- Mothers, what are you teaching your babies?