Heaven is the Christian’s home.
- HEAVEN IS OUR HOME (1)
- This body is like a tent. Tabernacle Ps. 90:10
- We have a permanent home – "from God" Jn. 14:1,2
- "not made with hands"
- "eternal" – 1Ths. 4:16, 17
- "in the heavens" –
- Can there be a greater comfort?
- HEAVEN IS OUR DESIRE (2-4)
- We "groan" for that home.
- "Not to be homeless" Phil. 3:20
- Death is desirable. Phil. 1:21
- Because here we are "burdened". Rev. 21:4
- I want to be there, and I know that I will!
- HEAVEN IS OUR SURETY (5)
- We have a guarantee of heaven – the Holy Spirit.
Earnest – God is serious.
- He is given to those who obey.
- The assurance of our resurrection. Ro. 8:11
- Why did God give The Holy Spirit?
- God won’t back out of this deal. That gives me courage.
- HEAVEN IS OUR COURAGE (6,7)
- "We are always confident" – courageous – why?
- Ro. 8:35-39 – nothing can steal us away from God.
- Isa. 12:2 – we trust Jehovah
- We do not go by what we see but by what we know.
He can keep us 1Tim. 1:12
- Have you been afraid?
- HEAVEN IS OUR PREFERENCE (8,9)
- It is not just that we are not afraid to die. We are willing.
- Would you rather be here or there? Phil 1:23
- Why was Abraham faithful? He. 11:8-10
- Heaven is our ambition.
- We prefer to be in heaven.
Heaven is our future. What are you willing to do to obtain it?