THE CRUCIFIXION FORETOLD
The fulfillment of the prophecies of this psalm in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ prove its inspiration.
- HIS ABANDONMENT 1-11
- Hear His cry of abandonment. 1,2
- "My God, My God " Mk. 15:34. He was aware.
- A period of darkness v. 33 "by day by night "
- Some thought Elijah. V. 36
- Hear His awareness of Godís faithfulness 3-8
- Remembers the history of men of faith. 3-5
- But God was treating Him differently 6-8
- The very words of Mt. 27:42.43
- There were no grounds for abandonment in Himself. 9-11
From birth in fellowship. Isa. 59:1,2; 53:5; Ro. 5:17-21
- HIS EXECUTION 12-21
- His enemies surrounded Him. 12,13
- bulls powerful, seem to be strong. Lu. 22:53
- lions fierce, ravening, fangs dripping with anxiety.
- His own reaction - His exhaustion on the cross.14,15
5-6 hrs in hot sun nails bones out of joint fatigue-thirst
- His death 16-18
- "dogs are round about meÖ" Romans.
- The crowning indignity collusion was impossible.
- HIS VICTORY 22-31
- In the congregation of His brothers and sisters.
- A foretelling of Christís resurrection.
- He. 2:11,12 Christians are truly His brethren.
- Praise the Lord! 23,24 Why? "my vows will I payÖ" 25,26 What vows? 2Pe. 1:3; He. 7:25
- In all the world. 27-31
- The most uttered subject in al the world.
- At some time all will speak His name. Phil. 2:10
All is done. There is nothing more to do. What will you do?